Sierra Nevada ibex or Southeastern Spanish ibex (Capra pyrenaica Hispánica) is one of three categories established for record-keeping purposes by splitting Mediterranean ibex into geographical groups based on horn size and shape.
DESCRIPTION Smaller and lighter in color than the Beceite and Gredos types, but larger and darker than the Ronda type. Horn size and shape vary considerably from place to place, with those from the Sierra Nevada generally the largest. Horns tend to be the most distinctive, forming a circle with the tips growing toward the neck like those of a mouflon. The keel is smooth, making the horns almost round in cross-section.
Spain is the only place in the world where you can get the Spanish Ibex Slam, and sure this is one of the most popular of this ibex group (Gredos, Sierra Nevada/South Eastern, Ronda and Beceite).
Typical Mediterranean bush with pines around the Sierra Nevada National Park , and Gador Mountains.
Huge areas, beautiful land scape in small white towns from the south of Spain, where with a moderate physical shape effort, this amazing Ibex, can be hunted in free range.
Nice population in our areas and nice quality on trophies.
In Sierra Nevada trip we hunt in a flat price, not limit trophy score on the Ibex.
- SIERRA NEVADA IBEX
- Not limit trophy score , mature animals.
- 8/12 years old – average 60/75 cmt
We are ready to provide you an unforgettable hunting trip , come and live the experience
From October to end of May. Rut period October/November.
Where you will hunt?
Sierra Nevada Ibex could be found in all the South-eastern mountains, even on the Mediterranean Sea border.
Almeria and Granada provinces.
This is a perfect trip to combine with tourism.
Free range hunting trip, 100% fair chase Sierra Nevada Ibex hunt.
- Situation – South-eastern of Spain
- Free range area
- Hunting area size: 80.000 has.
- Nearest Airport: Madrid/Malaga
- Distance from the airport: 4 1/2 hours from Madrid by highway.
- Team spoken: English and Spanish.
Physical conditions, normaly we adapt to the physical condition of each client, beign able to hunt in many different areas choosing the best adapted for each hunter.
On the shooting distance it varies between 100 to 250 mt. always keep in mind that we are hunting in the mountains. Calibers from 270 w.m. to 300 w.m. any caliber with the average weight on the ammo and semi-soft points.
We have at your disposal a variety of rifles and calibers to able use in your hounting wothout traveling with yours.
Where you will stay?
S.I. looks always for the best accommodations close to the hunting areas, sometimes we have hotels****, sometimes rural accommodations, but we try always to offer the best option with the best services, typical and local Spanish food.
- Export Permits – 200 € per trophy only in Males.
- Gun Rental – 120 EUR/Trip (ammunition included) Type Blaser Rifle / Swarowsky scopes.
Terms / Conditions
- Trophy Ibex
- 2 hunting days
- Full Board Accommodation 3 days
- Hunting license/permits and Insurance
- Transfer from/to airport and hunting trip
- Professional Hunter Services Spanish/English
- Field trophy preparation
- Successfully 100%
Terms of Payment
- Deposit: 25%based on trip Price
- Final payment: 30 days before hunt
- Deposit is not refundable
Price DOES NOT include
- Airlines tickets (international and domestic)
- Trophy packing and shipping costs
- Taxidermist fee
- 100% of trophy Price
- We are AEPES members, national association of trail dogs.