Beceite ibex (Capra pyrenaica Hispánica) is one of three categories established for record-keeping purposes by splitting Mediterranean ibex (subspecies Hispánica) into geographical groups based on horn size and shape.
DESCRIPTION This is the largest and darkest type with the largest horns. Typically, the horns are straighter than in Gredos ibex and have a spiral turn of less than 180 degrees. Horn thickness remains constant for half the length, then decreases toward the tip, which is not as thin as in the Gredos race. While this is the typical Beceite horn conformation, other horn shapes may be found in this region and even in the same herd.
About the trip.
Spain is the only place in the world where you can get the Spanish Ibex Slam, and maybe this is one of the most popular of this ibex group (Gredos, Sierra Nevada/South Eastern, Ronda and Beceite).
Typical Mediterranean bush with pines, oak and beech trees.
Huge areas, beautiful land scape in small towns, where with a moderate physical shape effort, this amazing Ibex, can be hunted in free range.
Very high population in our areas and very good quality on trophies.
Different categories in Beceite.
- Representative – up 10 years old – 60/70 cmt.
- Bronze Medal – 11/14 years old – 70/75 cmt.
- Silver Medal – 11/14 years old – 75/80 cmt.
- Gold Medal – 11/15 years old – over 80 cmt.
*These measurements are estimate; the thickness of the basis we must also consider for the medals.
*All the measurements are by SCI.
We are ready to provide you an unforgettable hunting trip , come and live the experience.
From October to end of May. Rut period November / December.
Where are you going to hunt?
The Beceite Ibex could be found in all the North-eastern mountains, not so far from the Mediterranean Sea.
Teruel Province (the most popular) ¸Castellon and Valencia provinces.
This is a perfect trip to combine with tourism.
Free range hunting trip, 100% fair chase Beceite Ibex hunt.
- Situation – North-eastern of Spain
- Free range area
- Hunting area size: 80.000 has.
- Nearest Airport: Madrid
- Distance from the airport: 3-4 hours from Madrid by motorway.
- Team spoken: English and Spanish.
Physical conditions, normaly we adapt to the physical condition of each client, beign able to hunt in many different areas choosing the best adapted for each hunter.
On the shooting distance it varies between 100 to 250 mt. always keep in mind that we are hunting in the mountains.
Calibers from 270 w.m. to 300 w.m. any caliber with the average weight on the ammo and semi-soft points.
We have at your disposal a variety of rifles and calibers to able use in your hounting wothout traveling with yours.
Where you are going to stay?
S.I. looks always for the best accommodations close to the hunting areas, sometimes we have hotels****, sometimes rural accommodations, but we try always to offer the best option with the best services, typical and local Spanish food.
Terms / Conditions
- Trophy Ibex
- 2 hunting days
- Full Board Accommodation 3 days
- Hunting license/permits and Insurance
- Transfer from/to airport and hunting trip
- Professional Hunter Services Spanish/English
- Field trophy preparation
- Successfully 100%
Terms of Payment
- Deposit: 25%based on trip Price
- Final payment: 30 days before hunt
- Deposit is not refundable
Price DOES NOT include
- Airlines tickets (international and domestic)
- Trophy packing and shipping costs
- Taxidermist fee
- 100% of trophy Price
- We are AEPES members, national association of trail dogs.