ABOUT YOUR TRIP
- BECEITE IBEX
- SIERRA NEVADA IBEX
- GREDOS IBEX
- RONDA IBEX
- AUDA SHEEP
- BOC BALEAR
- CANTABRIAN CHAMI
- PYRENEAN CHAMI
- SPANISH MONTERIA
We can combine the hunt from only 1 type of Ibex to Gran Slam (4 types of spanish Ibex), within 2 types of chamois in the same trip, in 10 hunting days.
To hunt one species, the trip includes 3 days (2 hunting days and 1 day for transfers). For a combination of 2 species, the trip is of 5 days (arrival day, 2 plus 2 hunting days). Normally for the last option we add 1 more day of transfer between the species.
We offer full service, including pick up in the airport, hotels, licenses, trophy fee, first preparation of the trophy, rifle renting (Blaser with optics Zeiss, Swarovski), translator service, shipment to the taxidermist.
In the taxidermy the client can ask for a budget to realize the taxidermy works inSpain or just the first preparation and shipment to his country.
We can make a combination trip with tourism too, if the clients come with observers.
The hunting season for Ibex starts in the beginning of October until the end of april, but you can hunt Beceite and Sierra Nevada Ibex until the end of May.
The rut time is from the end of october to mid January for all the species, depending on the weather conditions generally.
The stalking normally is not hard, it is no necessary to be in very good physical shape, and we can adapt to hunt to the client’s needs.
The accommodation is in the hunting area, in rural hotels, and the typical spanish food is high qualified to make a journey a pleasant and unforgettable experience.
The climate in Spain normally is very fine. The hunting is organized between 1000 and 2000 m.
The equipment is simple as the trip is short:
• PHOTO CAMERA
• CLOTHES GORE TEX
• MOUNTAIN BOOTS (BETTER USED ONES)
• LIGHT BACK PACK
• CALIBRES – FROM 270 WM. –UP TO E 300 WM.
• HUNTING PLANING – in a normal hunting day we used to wake up 1 hour
before the sunrise, have a breakfast. Normally we spend the hunting area all
the day because the animals are there during a day time. The lunch is kind of
picnic in the mountains. At sunset we come back to the hotel, have a dinner
• TRANSFERS TO THE HUNTING AREA – the arriving airport is Barajas
• Beceite – 4 hours
• Sierra nevada – 4,30 hours
• Gredos – 2,30 hours
• Ronda – 4,30 hours
• Cantabria – 4 hours
• Pirineo – 5 hours
• Almería/Murcia – 4 hours
The most of the transfers are by highways and using 4×4 cars always.
AIRPORT PROCEDURES – at arrival with rifles the procedure is simple, if the client has European rifle permit is necessary to stamp it in Police.
If the client is outside of the European Union it is necessary to fill out the Model 790 at the airport, which will be sent previously to the client,
present a Passport and rifle permit in the airport police and you need from the spanish Consulate the follow:
Travelling with firearms only for not
European Union Hunters
Spain has a strict system for firearms, but if we follow few steps, it will be pretty easy to follow.
These are the steps to proceed:
- Contact the Spanish Consulate of your State andinform them about your hunting trip in Spain. They will provide you a form for you to fill up, where mainly you will have to write your personal data, the firearm information, dates of your hunt, as well as locations (I will provide you this info). You will have to enclose a notarized copy of your passport, as well as a notarized copy of any American hunting licenses, to prove you are able to hunt in your own country. With all this info, they will provide you a certificate which allows you to travel to Spain with your firearm as well as use it for the hunt. You want contact the Spanish Consulate no earlier than 2 months prior the hunt, otherwise they will ignore your request. Please, download a list of the Spanish Consulates clicking here. Regarding the ammo, the U.S. and Spain has contradictory policies of how to handle ammo. evertheless, put your ammo (no more than 11 pounds, IATA regulations) in a metallic or plastic box, and pack this one in any of your bags except with the bag that will carry your gun.
2. Once you get the certificate, please, send me a copy of it, for starting the procedures here in Spain. Do not forget to bring the original one to Spain with you!
3. Once you land in Spain, do not expect your gun showing at the luggage claim, the Police will take it directly out of the plane and transfer it to their 0ffice at the airport. So once you collect your luggage, cross Customs, you will come to the black sliding doors, and that is where I will be waiting for you.
4. We will walk to the Police Dept., where we will show the Consulate certificate, a well as your original passport. After this, they will give you a temporary permit, which has to go with the gun until you leave the country.
5. Leaving Spain: once again, before checking your luggage we first need to stop at the Police Dept. to declare you will be travelling with a firearm. We will show the temporary permit as well as the flight tickets and your passport. The Police will hand write a form with your flight & firearm info; one copy will stay in the case, and the other is for you to show at the airline counter. The Police will put a blaze tape around your case, to show this case contains a firearm (Spanish Law). Now, this time you need to pack your ammo apart, in the metallic or plastic box you brought from the U.S. Spanish Laws doesn’t allow including the ammo with any other piece of luggage. But don´t worry; this box doesn’t t count as a piece of luggage for the airline, so you won t have to pay for an extra piece. Do not forget this, airlines sometimes forget about it.
6. After doing this step, we only need to walk to the airline counter, and check your bags, including your firearm case and ammo box. Someone from handling will show up and after checking the rest of your luggage will take your rifle case & ammo box and take care of it. Some airlines tell you to go with the handling person, who will take you to a scanner machine operated by the Police, they may request to see the last form the Police handed you, and that s it !
I hope you didn’t t get lost in this explanation. If you have any doubt, please, do nothesitate to contact me. Thanks.
For all the hunts we prepare a spanish hunting insurance and hunting license for the hunting area where we will be hunting.
We hope you have got an idea how we realize the hunt in Spain, for more information, please, contact us by phone or by email.